[gdal-dev] reading compressed data?

Joe Lyga joe.lyga at vcoresolutions.com
Tue Jul 10 09:53:44 PDT 2012

I'm new to GDAL, and I'm wondering if there's a way I can get the buffer
of raw compressed image data.  I have an NITF file that contains a jpeg
image.  I've been able to use the rasterio function to get uncompressed
image data, but what I really need is to just send along that jpeg image
without the NITF wrapping.  Is there a funciton to give me just raw
compressed image data?  Thanks.
--

Joe Lyga
Software Engineer