[gdal-dev] How to compile gdal 1.9.1 from GDAL'S SVN ?

Saâd HESSANE saad.hessane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 05:08:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

To build GDAL it's easy. Visual Studio have to be installed in the system.
You download the source code. The easiest way to do that is to download it
from http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource. (Or if you have SVN
you can just do a checkout from https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal. If
you don't know what I'm talking about forget that last part :D).
After that you open Visual Studio Command Line (Start Menu -> All programs
-> Microsoft Visual Studio -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio Command
line ).
You go to the gdal source folder "cd GDAL_PATH" with GDAL_PATH is the path
of your gdal folder.
And you do "nmake -f makefile.vc".

This is the easiest way. You can open the nmake.opt file before building
gdal to enable/disable some fonctionality, or to build 64-bit version.

I'm never build QGIS from source, I can't help you on that sorry.

Best regards.