[gdal-dev] Batch conversion ECW to TIFF

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jul 24 01:15:40 PDT 2012

Hi Stefano,
I would be interested to look, but my guess is if it was legal then,
then it is legal now.
The real problem that may come up is that that sdk might not link
against the current gdal.
Regards,
Zoltan

On 2012/07/24 10:08, Stefano Iacovella wrote:
> Hi Zoltan
>
> A couple of years ago I downloaded the SDK to compile GDAL with ECW
> support on linux too.
> At now it is no more available and it is not completely clear to me if
> using it, under the license terms included, is legal. I can send you
> the license agreement to have a look and see if this could be a
> solution.
>
> Regards
>
> Stefano
>
> I would prefer a linux solution, but I see that the "free" Erdas SDK is only
> for windows.
> On my Win7 (64 bit) box I only have Qt 4.7.4 (32 bit) [built Jan 26 2012
> version]. The Qt Creator version is 2.4.1
>
> I have minimal experience with Qt so my question is is:
>
> What is my best way forward?
> Is there a Linux command line solution?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za