[gdal-dev] Geospatial PDF with OGR_DATASOURCE

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Jun 2 04:24:28 PDT 2012

Le samedi 02 juin 2012 12:36:39, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was reading about a possibility of adding OGR vector layers on top of
> raster layer in geospatial pdf from http://gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html
>
> Are there any example commands available? I guess that at least discovering
> the use of OGR_DISPLAY_FIELD and OGR_DISPLAY_LAYER_NAMES may take a while
> with plain trial and error.

I've tried to make the description of those option hopefully a bit clearer.
Have a look at http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/24529 . If you can help in
making this more understandable, you're welcome. I know I'm not so good at
writing docs.

Without screenshots of the UI of the "well-know PDF viewer" (but GDAL/OGR doc
is generally rather ascetic ;-)), I'm afraid that it is still a bit difficult to
understand. The best is to experiment.