[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles

klokan at gmail.com klokan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:34:15 PDT 2012

Dear Yogesh,

we have developed highly optimized tiling and merging utility in C++
on top of GDAL. It is parallelized (multi-core CPUs) and can even run
on a cluster of computers with MPI. It is also producing tiles with
minimal size in PNG8/PNG8a or in JPEG. It has been used on very large
datasets in production environments.

Have a look at http://www.maptiler.com/. We can provide you a demo of
the software.

Best regards,