[gdal-dev] Gdal pdf driver and ogr_datasource with automatic -spat

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jun 11 05:47:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

Could it be possible to make GDAL PDF driver (http://gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html)
to apply automatically -spat filter for the OGR_DATASOURCE layers which
are to be drawn on top of raster layers? The values for the filter could
be captured from the raster layer extents.

Now by default all the features from the vector layer are inserted into
the PDF document. The features which lie outside the map borders on
the map are rather unusable for users because it is impossible to
show the features on a map even it is possible to select the features
from the list and show the attributes. However, I suppose that usually
people suppose that the map and feature list suit together.

I can imagine that there could be some troubles in automatic construction
of -spat filter if the PDF targer srs is different than the native srs of
OGR_DATASOURCE.

-Jukka Rahkonen-