[gdal-dev] Accuracy of OGRLayer:SetSpatialFilter() API

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 11 14:45:42 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Kedar Deshpande
<kedardeshpande87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Frank,
>
> Even if it returns the multiple feature, is there a specific order in which
> the features get retrieved on calling layer->GetNextFeature() ?
> For example, if the given spatial filter matched 4 features, when we iterate
> over the feature in a loop by calling  layer->GetNextFeature() , is there a
> predefined order in which these feature are returned (such as best match
> first etc) ?

Kedar,

There is no externally defined ordering, though the implementation in
each driver will presumably have some implicit ordering.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Kedar Deshpande
<kedardeshpande87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a specific order in which the features get retrieved on calling
> layer->GetNextFeature() ?
> For example, if the given spatial filter matched 4 features, when we iterate
> over the feature in a loop by calling  layer->GetNextFeature() , is there a
> predefined order in which these feature are returned (such as best match
> first etc) ?
>
> I am not using GEOS, is there another way to make it retrieve more accurate
> features ?

No, not really.  GEOS is the geometry library we use for this sort of thing.