[gdal-dev] Cannot read NetCDF subdatasets

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:25:50 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne

> I would guess your netcdf and gdal installation do not have netcdf-4 support.
> And probably a 'gdalinfo <file>' shows the hdf5 driver picks it up, right?

That was!
I was missing out the --enable-netcdf-4 option: after recompiling
netcdf with that option option and then recompiling GDAL everything
works fine :)
By the way, hdf5 is still picked when opening the whole dataset, but
netcdf is correctly picked when opening the subdataset: is it the
desired behavior?

Thanks so much for your invaluable support, Etienne! ;)

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti