[gdal-dev] Building from source excluding some packages

kedardeshpande87 kedardeshpande87 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:00:53 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build the gdal-1.9.1 from source code using simple make
command. I am creating a small application that does not involve any
graphics or any maps/visual output. Therefore I wanted to *exclude* some of
the packages/directories while building the source such as raster formats
supported by gdal. The source code has many GNUmakefiles that get invoked at
various places while building. I am not sure how/which files I should
change. Is there a way I can make some changes in the top GNUmakefile (or
some other files) so that I can exclude some source from building ?

Thanks,
Kedar