[gdal-dev] Can PDF measuring be activated

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Mar 1 16:51:22 EST 2012

Le jeudi 01 mars 2012 22:19:34, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The native measurement tool of Acrobat Reader stays greyed with the ISO
> style georeferenced PDFs. From Abobe forum I found this:
>
> "Re: Measure tool disabled

Ah, interesting. I was also wondering why I add only access to coordinates
display.

> The tool needs to be enabled using Acrobat. For example, in Acrobat 9 you'd
> open the document and select: Comments > Enable for Commenting and
> Analysis in Adobe Reader or Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader"
>
> Would it be possible for GDAL to write PDF so that measure tool could be
> used?

Well, I suspect there's some magic to write in the file to do so... By chance,
do you know if there's a spec for that and which aspect of the spec covers
that ? I'm afraid it might be something related to the horrible permission and
encryption system of the main PDF spec... At the very least, a sample that has
gone through the enabling system in Acrobat would make it easier to know if it
is feasable or not.