[gdal-dev] Re: Selecting features using ogrinfo - 'ERROR 1: Not enough tokens to complete expression.'

kungphil phil.wilkes at dse.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 1 19:29:29 EST 2012

Thanks for your post David, I am running GDAL 1.7.1 on Solaris 10.

I realised the extent for the selected feature is printed at the bottom.

I now have another/related issue.  I am calling this from within Python and
I get an error 'ERROR 1: Not enough tokens to complete expression.' and its
prints extents for all features within the shapefile.  Yet if I run the same
command from the command line then it works fine. I am using python2.6.

Code:

args = ['ogrinfo', '-al', '-where',  '\'GRID_ID=312\'', 'shapefile.shp']
for line in str.split(str(subprocess.Popen(args,
stdout=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]),'\n'):
      print line

(Apologies for not posting code correctly as I can't remember the method!)

Many thanks, Phil