[gdal-dev] Re: Trouble with georeferenced PDF

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Mar 2 02:49:40 EST 2012

Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen <at> mmmtike.fi> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Good to know. Obviously I will need to make more tests with other computers.
This combination (TerraGo
> Toolbar and Acrobat X reader on Vista (32-bit) for sure does not show metadata
correctly for that very same
> PDF file.
>
> I can see that some metadata is in plain text in the EPSG:32635 file but
perhaps as some PDF strings in the
> EPSG:3067 version. The OGC Best Practise paper seems to suggest using the PDF
strings. Perhaps that can
> make difference with some OS + country setting combination or something.

Some results:

- EPSG:32635 file works perfectly with Windows XP
- It does not work with Windows 7 64-bit
- Changing computer to English(US) settings does not cure Vista nor Win7

I start to consider that this could be a TerraGo Toolbar issue. Let's see how
responsive they are at TerraGo. They told alreasy that the next version will
have a limited support for the ISO style metadata.

-Jukka-