[gdal-dev] Request for Spatial Operator function

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:23:04 EDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 01:55 PM, xavier lhomme wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I'm using a WFS Driver in a C# project. I would like  to add a new
> function to the OGRWFSLayer like SetSpatialOperator()
> and modify the filter part of the function
> OGRWFSLayer::MakeGetFeatureURL if a spatial operator has been set.

Xavier,

To me it looks like maybe there should be a new OGRLayer class method
SetSpatialOperatorFilter, which would then be also in the C API and
bindings (e.g., C#).

Then, calling that method from C#, would have the effect that the URL
would contain the appropriate filter.

Offering a patch would harm nobody so please go ahead, at least I'm
interested in this. Getting the feature into trunk may need a RFC.

Ari