Re: [gdal-dev] Get SRID from image file

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at princeton-ma.us
Sun May 6 13:03:52 EDT 2012

Hi Billy,

>  Unfortunately I was not being very clear. The process in which I am indexing the image files (storing their metadata
in the database) is a java process. It is a complex application in which we keep track of the changes in a directory
structure such that we can index new files dropped in or remove old files that have been removed. I was wondering if I
could use the driver inside my java process, but it does not sound like it.

You were perfectly clear. I question about it. I understand what you want to do. But let me be clear also that I was
suggesting an alternative based on that you did not knew about the GeoRaster driver. And now, based on the other
thread of messages about warping the image I would insist a little more. But this is not the forum for that. You could
post question to the OTN Spatial Forum if you want and maybe find people with similar requirements.

Anyway,

>  Sounds like I might be able to try Palo's example and use the java bindings to extract the SRID from the images
projection string.

Yes, if all you need is to query the SRID from the GeoTiff files that would be a job for the GTIFF driver and the GDAL
SRS API. That should do the job.

My best regards,

Ivan