[gdal-dev] Disk or database full error from Rasterlite driver

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed May 9 15:50:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

I got the following error when testing Rasterlite with a biggish source data set

gdal_translate -of rasterlite -a_srs epsg:3067 -co driver=PNG 50t.vrt
 rasterlite:50t.sqlite,table=50t_rasteri
Input file size is 288000, 480000
0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70.ERROR 1: sqlite3_step() failed:
  database or disk is full (13)
ERROR 1: sqlite3_step() failed:
  PRIMARY KEY must be unique (19)

This time I am sure that the target disk was not full. There was still more than
8 gigabytes free space. However, the Rasterlite file size has probably been
around 4 gigabytes when the error occurred. Did I meet some file size limit or
tile count limit of the Rasterlite driver?

-Jukka Rahkonen-