[gdal-dev] troubles with OVERRIDE_PROJ_DATUM_WITH_TOWGS84

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:47:56 EDT 2012

> Your issue with EPSG:3003 is of a different kind, and related to another change where the new logic now peaks up the EPSG preferred transformation whereas it didn't before

Hi Even,
I have some difficults to follow the overall flow controlling the
peaking of the preferred transformation. What is the general rational
that define a transformation considered "preferred"?
In the case reported by Maddalena, the chosen transformation
parameters are (approximately) good for central Italy, while they are
not well suited for other regions of our country. In our case they're
"preferred" only by some italians :)

Giovanni