[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr shapefile to mapinfo tab: no SRS.

Frans Knibbe | Geodan frans.knibbe at geodan.nl
Fri May 25 07:25:17 EDT 2012

I am trying to understand what is happing with GDAL ticket 481
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/481). If I understand correctly, the
old way was to guess the right Mapinfo SRS definition by string
matching. This should have been replaced by first trying to match the
EPSG code. Assuming that all patches have been applied in the version of
ogr2ogr that I am using, shouldn't just specifying 'a_srs EPSG:28992' be
sufficient for finding the right Mapinfo SRS specification? In that case
there should not be a need to try to interpret the prj file, right?

Regards,
Frans