[gdal-dev] Heads-up re: poppler/pdf on Windows

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri May 25 14:16:23 PDT 2012

Selon Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>:

> Hopefully this helps someone else down the road...
>
> - the latest version of Poppler that I am able to get working with GDAL
> (1.9.1 now) on MSVC (2008) is 0.16.4
> - 0.20.0 or git master gives errors
> - example of errors: http://pastebin.com/4YSnSJkn
>
> So, stick with 0.16.4 and save yourself a day of testing newer versions.

Hi Jeff

Or use trunk or latest state of 1.9 branch ;-) . 1.9 branch has been updated
with poppler 0.20 support just a bit after 1.9.1, but it will be in 1.9.2. See
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4668 if you need to patch. For 0.20 support
you need to uncomment all the POPPLER_ lines in nmake.opt (including the new
POPPLER_0_20_OR_LATER = YES)

0.18 should work too. At least I've tested it successfully on Linux.

Best regards,

Even