[gdal-dev] Ogr and Dwg via Teigha (in C#)

Noon Silk noonslists+gdal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:32:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

 So, further to this, I've not had much luck with my previous
approach. I'm going to now try this method; but I kind of want to
understand why what I tried didn't work.

 What I mean by "Didn't work" is that my requests to open DWG files,
or just grab an instance of the DWG driver, didn't work.

 I ask for an instance like so (in C#):

 Ogr.RegisterAll();
 Driver d = Ogr.GetDriverByName("DWG");

 "d" comes back as null. So, I expected it to return something given
that I thought I was correctly "enablding" the DWG library. But, I
also checked to see if the number of available drivers changed, after
me doing what I would've expected to result in the enablding. Sadly,
it didn't. So I can only assume that I didn't enanble it correctly.

 So, my process for enabling the DWG driver was basically to allow it
to be compiled as part of the "gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\makefile.vc" (by
adding in the directory and the obj files). I also set up the required
Teigha libraries by uncommenting and correctly setting the particular
bits of nmake.opt.

 Then the only other change I made was to generate the SWIG bindings.

 Is this the correct way to enable the dwg bindings? Is there
something obvious I've missed? Would linking this other -dev build
script with the particular source work better?

Thanks,
--
Noon