[gdal-dev] gdalinfo on PostGIS rasters (GDAL 1.9)

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Thu Nov 8 05:57:08 PST 2012

Dear James and Even,

Thank you for you fast answers!

James, I do have the raster properly referenced (at least from what I
understand). For example:

mydb=# SELECT st_georeference(rast) FROM myraster WHERE rid=1;
  st_georeference
-----------------
  0.1670000000   +
  0.0000000000   +
  0.0000000000   +
  -0.1670000000  +
  -180.0000000000+
  83.6185000000  +

(1 line)

mydb=# SELECT st_georeference(rast) FROM myraster WHERE rid=100;
  st_georeference
-----------------
  0.1670000000   +
  0.0000000000   +
  0.0000000000   +
  -0.1670000000  +
  -129.9000000000+
  79.4435000000  +

(1 line)

Even, that's what I was afraid of... I think I will give it a try. Is there
a preferred solution between sources from Subversion and the nightly
snapshots?
Second, do I understand it correctly that I need to 1) install GDAL from
sources, and 2) recompile PostGIS on this GDAL version?
Third, can GDAL trunk live together with my current version of GDAL?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Mathieu.

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard