[gdal-dev] Best way to mosaic and compress lots of tiff Black/white?

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:14:00 PST 2012

Hello all
I have ~1000 tiff/tfw RGB but with only 0 or 255 color value in all bands
(black/white).
I want to mosaic them in a single image to be used in qgis and other gis
software.

Which is the best way to do this? And to compress the resulting image? May
be Tiff?? Single band??
Another problem is that I must apply a formula to input images to transform
255 value to null, because of some white portion of each image that overlap
to black portion of the adiacent one..

Thanks
Pietro