[gdal-dev] GeoPDF Writing support using Create()?

Robert Zermeno refriguy68 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 05:36:11 PST 2012

Even,

>But as CreateCopy() is already implemented, you can for example create a
>in-memory raster (see the MEM driver) and CreateCopy() it into a geospatial PDF.

Awesome!  I did not know of the MEM driver.  Looking at the specs from http://www.gdal.org/frmt_mem.html  it kind of reminds me of
GDAL virtual format (.vrt) as I think it uses the MEM driver under the hood.

So, essentially you are telling me I can create a MEM object and store my image band information to the recently created GDALDatasetH object (I use the C API) and
to set PDF metadata via GDALSetMetadata().  Would that be the direction I could go to use CreateCopy() for a valid Geospatial PDF file?

I do have a few questions on PDF creation fields:

1. If a neatline is not provided, what gets populated in the neatline?

2. For EXTRA_CONTENT_STREAM and EXTRA_IMAGES, are we limited to one entry?  Is it each time we call GDALSetMetadata() is will append another
entry request?

Correct me if I am wrong, but EXTRA_CONTENT_STREAM is associated by EXTRA_IMAGES where EXTRA_IMAGES tells the PDF file where on the page to
display the EXTRA_CONTENT_STREAM data?
My concern is how to add multiple entries of EXTRA_CONTENT_STREAM?   I know the content stream is described by its information and EXTRA_IMAGES and EXTRA_CONTENT_LAYER_NAME.

I hope you understand my thoughts.

Thanks for the response,

Robert