[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr & gdalinfo both crashing on 64-bit Windows 7, very little info available

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at princeton-ma.us
Thu Nov 22 16:06:08 PST 2012

Is your Oracle 64 or 32? Was GDAL build to 32 or 64? (It looks like you are using OSGeo4W so it must be 32) I have seem that same kind of problem and it was because the oci.dll from the Oracle 64 was first on the PATH instead of the oci.dll 32 bits that comes with OSGeo4W. Try to clean up the PATH environment adding only the essential, as it is needed. You might use MS File Mionitor to know more about what is going on. Also try to enter the database instance name on "oci:user/pwd at dbinstance". You can also try the GDAL build for 64bit from gisinternals/sdk with Oracle support. Works great.