[gdal-dev] Space in PDF option OGR_DISPLAY_LAYER_NAMES

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 26 01:20:08 PST 2012

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:

> Selon Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen <at> mmmtike.fi>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Having space characters in the following creation option makes trouble
> > -co OGR_DISPLAY_LAYER_NAMES="bussipysÀkit,kierrÀtys,The zoo plan"
> >
> > Layer name "The zoo plan" works fine in the PDF layer tree but immediately
> > when
> > I click the model tree button with Acrobat Reader X the whole reader dies.
>
> I'll try checking in the spec if spaces are illegal, but in any case Acrobat
> Reader should not die. So perhaps worth reporting to the vendor.

I believe spaces are OK because I found this geospatial PDF
http://www.workoutdork.com/misc/gm.pdf from
http://www.bvcog.org/wp-content/themes/cog/GIS/maps/Geospatial-Guide.pdf
and the model tree does contain names with spaces. Perhaps GDAL writes the
spaces in a somehow wrong way. I agree that the reader should not die. I will
make some small bad behaving PDF and try to send it to Adobe so they can
research it.

-Jukka-