[gdal-dev] Current cmake project status

Dmitry Baryshnikov polimax at mail.ru
Mon Nov 26 10:47:51 PST 2012

26.11.2012 12:05, ??????? ???????? ?????:
> Hi all! I've just wanted to know what is the current status of cmake
> project files for GDAL. Use of nmake script shows poor speed when I
> changing only one file in driver... I think with cmake we could avoid
> such issues. http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CMake page says that "...
> is being developed internally by Kitware. It should be delivered
> soon..." but it was a six month ago...

Hi,

According the GDAL build features the cmake received in 2.8.8 some
special capabilities (CMake OBJECT feature). I provide some initial
cmake scripts,  but luck of time and process is not so fast as expected.
I plan to work more closely in the next year.
More details on Russian:
http://blogs.gis-lab.info/bishop/2012/03/21/cmake-for-gdal/

Best regards,
     Dmitry