[gdal-dev] Absolutely no progress trying to compile GDAL with Oracle support on Windows

cheesybiscuits thomaschristian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:51:46 PST 2012

Eli - thanks a bunch for mentioning the .bat file - that got Oracle support
working!

I really should have seen that, and the read-me in the same directory
telling me to run it... I've just got into a routine of getting the
binaries, testing with the same commands, and being disappointed.

This may be better placed as a separate question, but hopefully it's an easy
/ quick answer:

Whilst Oracle support is working FileGDB is not. gisinternals.com claims
ogrinfo --formats includes FileGDB support but I don't seem to have it. I
have the FGDB API (version 10.0?) installed and its binaries are included in
the path, but for some reason this driver isn't available.

Any hints on this last problem would be great. My backup plan is exporting
to Shp but I have some field names longer than 10 characters and I don't
want to dive into that mess