[gdal-dev] CRS not defined with BMP

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:29:30 PST 2012

As far as I know, bmp files (like jpeg and gif and probably others)
only support "ESRI World files".  This is not a true CRS definition
though, it only indicated the geotransform.

Even though it is not standard, it would be convenient to update these
drivers to read an associated .prj file

http://www.gdal.org/frmt_bmp.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_file

cheers,