[gdal-dev] Mixed SRSes ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Nov 30 07:21:29 PST 2012

Selon Pierrick.BRIHAYE at region-bretagne.fr:

> Hi,
>
> "Yves Jacolin (Free)" <yjacolin at free.fr> a écrit sur 30/11/2012 14:33:47 :
>
> > did you try something like this (ie with s_srs EPSG:27562):
> >
> >  .binogr2ogr.exe -f "ESRI Shapefile" polygons.shp polygons.gml -t_srs
> > EPSG:27572 -s_srs EPSG:27562 -nlt POLYGON -lco ENCODING=ISO-8859-1
>
> Well... no. Because my input files have *mixed* SRSes...
>
> Should I assume that -s_srs would override my GML SRSes ? I so... how
> would it work ?

No, it wouldn't work as you would expect: it would override the SRS of each
geometry with the one indicated by -s_srs.

Currently, ogr2ogr isn't ready to support per-feature SRS and reprojection, but
there's nothing fundamentally impossible, since in the OGR data model,
individual geometries can point to a specific SRS. The main difficulity is that
I don't think the GML driver is ready yet for that. Would you mind sharing a
sample GML file with mixed SRS ? I'll try to see if something can be done.

Kenavo :-)