[gdal-dev] Regarding Attribute corruption while reading KML file

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Oct 1 12:34:30 PDT 2012

Le lundi 01 octobre 2012 21:24:49, Abhinav a écrit :
> I am facing problem in reading KML/GML file from GDAL. When I read
> attributes values are not coming properly. All the values are present in
> the respective file.
>
> Is it the problem with the gdal driver or what?

With such an imprecise description (i.e no sample data file provided), it is
difficult to know...

For KML, you need to have GDAL compiled with the LIBKML driver (not the base
KML driver). Check the first lines of the output of "ogrinfo XXXXXX.kml". It
must report:

INFO: Open of 'XXXXXX.kml'
      using driver `LIBKML' successful.

For GML, this should work for most cases, but there might be caveats depending
of your data file.

Best regards,

Even