[gdal-dev] Forces SRS into VRT ? (gdalbuildvrt)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Oct 1 14:26:22 PDT 2012

Le lundi 01 octobre 2012 16:07:15, Oyvind Idland a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to force an SRS into a .vrt in some way, during creation ?
> (except manually copying into the .vrt)
>
> In my case, I got a tiled dataset in .jpeg, with no SRS information
> attached. Since I know the projection,
> I am looking for an "-a_srs" or similar.

I've just added the -a_srs option in the trunk version of gdalbuildvrt.

Otherwise you can already download the following GDAL Python script :
http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/swig/python/samples/gdal_edit.py

and then for example try :

python gdal_edit.py -a_srs EPSG:32660 foo.vrt

gdal_edit can update in place various metadata (depending on the capabilities
of the underlying format) :

"""
$ python gdal_edit.py
Usage: gdal_edit [--help-general] [-a_srs srs_def] [-a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry]
                 [-tr xres yres] [-unsetgt] [-a_nodata value]
                 [-gcp pixel line easting northing [elevation]]*
                 [-mo "META-TAG=VALUE"]*  datasetname

Edit in place various information of an existing GDAL dataset.
"""