[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.9.2RC1 Available for Review

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Oct 3 12:30:23 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 03 octobre 2012 21:24:06, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> Xavier,
>
> Even has back ported some WFS fixes.  I'm not clear if the recent work
> was considered a new feature and thus not appropriate to back port, he
> just omitted it or if he hadn't gotten to back porting yet.
>
> I'm hesitant to just drop the whole current development version of the
> WFS driver into the 1.9 tree without Even thinking about the
> implications.
>
> Keep in mind that it is important bug fix releases do not have
> regressions even if they lack some improvements and fixes.

I think Xavier is refering to http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/24791 which
I have indeed not backported to 1.9 branch. It is a bug fix, but also quite an
extensive change in the driver, and has some regression potential. Indeed I
had to fix it a bit later in http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/24887 . As it
only covers marginal use cases (*) where special characters are used, I didn't
feel like backporting it.

Even

(*) at least, to my eyes. Of course people who hit the bug will have a
different opinion...