[gdal-dev] GDAL Bindings for Go

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Oct 3 15:02:09 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 03 octobre 2012 20:46:10, Luke Roth a écrit :
> For any who are interested, I've published a (incomplete, but growing)
> set of GDAL bindings for the Go language at
> https://github.com/lukeroth/gdal.go .
> The bindings cover most of the GDAL C API, the OGR C API is next.
> More details are available at the Github page.  Let me know if you
> find them useful!

The majority of GDAL bindings (Perl, Python, Java, C# at least) are generated
by using SWIG bindings ( see swig/include in GDAL source tree ). Looking
quickly at http://www.swig.org/Doc2.0/Go.html , it seems you could possibly
have used it instead of writing from scratch. But I've never used Go, nor the
SWIG Go generator, so just take it as a hint, not an enlightened advice based
on experience.

Anyway, you could create a page to advertise your Go bindings in GDAL Trac (
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrInGo for example ) and make a link to
it from the "GDAL/OGR In Other Languages" section of the main Trac page (