[gdal-dev] Small meshing utility

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Oct 7 05:18:49 PDT 2012

> We've written a wrapper around triangle for Python (anyone feel free
> to send me a note if you're interested), and we ended up handling that
> by spawning another process to run triangle in -- but that has
> performance issues (copying data around) which would be nice to avoid.
>
> If only triangle has a nicer licensing scheme -- it really is a nice
> utility.

For FOSS implementations, perhaps it is worth mentionning that the next-to-
come Spatialite 4.0, when used with latest GEOS trunk (3.4.0dev), has
DelaunayTriangulation() and ST_VoronojDiagram() functions :

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/spatialite-users/OP-
ME5KG0HM

http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-sql-4.0.0.html#p14c

- Even