[gdal-dev] clipping multiple shapefiles from a set of clipping polygons

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 03:57:41 PDT 2012

Dear Eli,

Thanks for this.  I tried your suggestion:

ogr2ogr -overwrite -f 'ESRI shapefile' clipped_roads.shp roads.shp
-clipsrc province.shp -clipsrclayer province -clipsrcsql 'SELECT *
FROM province WHERE provname='\''SomeName'\'''
ERROR 6: GEOS support not enabled.
ERROR 6: GEOS support not enabled.
ERROR 6: GEOS support not enabled
More than 1000 errors or warnings have been reported. No more will be
reported from now

I am using GDAL 1.9 Complete frameworks from KyngChaos which has
includes GEOS 3.3.5-1

--
cheers,
maning