[gdal-dev] [suggestions] easing the search for information in the GDAL documentation

Pascal Boulerie Pascal.Boulerie at ensg.eu
Fri Oct 19 01:38:43 PDT 2012

Hello,

On the following page
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html
OGR Vector Formats

you should add a mention :
"The following page only describes OGR vector formats. For GDAL Raster
Formats, see : http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html "

You should add a version number and last date of the revision at the
end, as in the page http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html

In the page http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html

you should add a mention :
"The following page only describes GDAL Raster Formats. For OGR vector
formats, see : http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html "

At the end of the page, it would be much more human friendly to mention :
Last revision : 25150
Last revision date : 2012-10-17
instead of :
 > 25150 2012-10-17

Yours sincerely,

PS Is it possible to manage a CMS documentation instead of these HTML
files ? (a User-friendly User Oriented Documentation)
Would it be the role of the wiki documentation ?
(I mean : I am not interested to find 63 different results when I type a
search for "Supported Formats" :
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/search?q=Supported+Formats&noquickjump=1&ticket=on&changeset=on&milestone=on&wiki=on
)