[gdal-dev] Created a rotated (non-north) geotiff

Isaac Gerg isaac.gerg at gergltd.com
Thu Oct 25 14:55:14 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have a raster image of 2200x1000 pixels.  I know three bits of
information about the geoposition of the raster:
1. The upper left hand corner's lat and long of the image.
2. The pixel size in meters. The pixels are square
3. The rotation of the image relative to the upper left hand corner
position, a bearing if you will.

The documentation on GDAL recommends using setGeoTranform() to
correctly position images from pixel space to world space.  However,
it uses an affine transformation and thus (I believe) implicitly
assumes square pixels in the world space.

My world space is wgs84, lat and long.  Therefore, the output grid is
not square, even locally.

My question is this: is my assumption wrong that the setGeoTransform
function cannot peform the function I desire?

If it can, what would the elements of the affine transformation matrix
look like?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac