[gdal-dev] Question about using crop_to_cutline

Marius Jigmond mariusjigmond at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:34:12 PDT 2012

At the time I created the ticket I had created a workaround that uses gdal_translate to clip a rectangular window and gdal_rasterize to burn an inverse image of the vector. Interested folks can email me for the script (does the list take attachments?). The script makes some assumptions about your data type (e.g. 0 is assigned as nodata) but you can change those assumptions to suit your needs.
I plan to make the feature request I mentioned in #3947.
-marius