[gdal-dev] breaking lines at intersection

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 05:55:08 PDT 2012

Siva,

There is currently no direct function to break lines at intersections. In
any case, it is a simple operation with complex options. What attributes
should the new pieces get? Should we save it to a new layer or append to
the current layer? Should we modify the original feature to retain one of
the pieces? When two lines intersect, which one of them should be split?...
So, please write your own procedure and do share your experience.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM, SIVA RAMA KRISHNA
<s.r.kriishna at gmail.com>wrote:

> hai,
>

>          would you tell whether i can do Breaking lines at intersection in
> vector files using gdal
>

>        any help will be greatly appreciated
>

> with Regards

Chaitanya kumar CH.