[gdal-dev] Possible new GDAL driver (funded work) for mapserver access?

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Oct 31 11:46:49 PDT 2012

Hi Peter,

I've looked at radaman, it is very much in a similar direction, but adds another tool to the mix, which I'm seeking to avoid if possible.

We work with small Pacific Is nations, often with very little technical expertise, using TIDEDA, & if a GDAL/mapserver combination is feasible, it makes a very tidy fit with existing systems, & minimises extra complexity.

We are also using Geonetwork as a catalogue, & the mapserver WFS/SOS/WCS facility is a nice fit with this as a service catalogue as well.

Thanks,

   Brent Wood