[gdal-dev] order of dimension in HDF5 COSMO SKYMED driver?

Anton Korosov anton.korosov at nersc.no
Mon Sep 24 07:44:20 PDT 2012

Dear list,

in gdal-dev archiveI found a question about COSMO SKYMED data which was
obviously not answered:

"COSMO delivers two kinds of HDF5 data:
1. Complex Dataset that is a [MxNx2] matrix. In this case the problem is
that the gdal method Open() reads this Dataset not such as 2 Datasets of
dimensions [MxN], but such as M datasets of dimensions [Nx2]. My
intention is to create 2 Geotiff file of dimensions [MxN]."

Can I ask if anyone know the answer?
Or can I tell GDAL in which order the dimensions should be read?

Thank you!
Anton