[gdal-dev] GDAL at FOSS4G-India

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:50:39 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am conducting a workshop[1] on GDAL at the first FOSS4G conference of
India. I even got some requests from some developers in India for more GDAL
stuff.

I am also preparing a paper on GDAL. It will include everything. It's
inspiration, history, usability, features, design and future work. It will
also include deciding factors for design choices if anyone co-authors it.
Obviously I am going to borrow most of the content from the gdal wiki and
this mailing list. Please tell me if I am missing anything.

In the last few years I found myself helping developers with the smaller
issues when they are starting to use the library. More often than not,
first step is the hardest. I hope to achieve the same goal on a bigger
scale with Indian developers. India is in need for more open source. I
would like to help it.

[1]: http://lsi.iiit.ac.in/foss4gindia/?q=hands-workshop#WH4

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584