[gdal-dev] Gdaltindex with -t_srs and Mapserver

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Sep 27 02:44:07 PDT 2012

Selon Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>:

> Hi,
>
> I had a try with gdaltindex and the new -t_srs option that is discussed in
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4773. It seems to be as Even was thinking
> in
> the very beginning and Mapserver does not work with tileindex which is
> containing reprojected bounding boxes. Images with BBOX in the native
> projection
> are shown but not the others. This line appears into Mapserver log:
> msDrawRasterLayerGDAL(): Error in overlap calculation.
>
> It might indeed be good to emit a warning about Mapserver incompability.

This is documented in http://gdal.org/gdaltindex.html :
"""If -t_srs is specified, geometries of input files will be transformed to the
desired target projection system. Note that using this option generates files
that are NOT compatible with MapServer."""

> It
> would be very nice if Mapserver supports this kind of tileindeces.

Something to raise on MapServer lists. This would imply that MapServer takes
into account the SRS of each GDAL dataset, which AFAIK it ignores right now to
use only the SRS indicated in the LAYER (but it has been quite a long time since
I configured a MapServer mapfile, so I might be wrong), to do the needed
on-the-fly reprojection