[gdal-dev] Compile GDAL/OGR with SOSI support

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Apr 8 04:16:22 PDT 2013

Hi

Can somebody give me a hint on how to compile GDAL/OGR with support for the
Norwegian SOSI format?
I tried to find a solution in http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3638 as good
as I can, but without success...

I do have the (binary version of the) fyba library, but there is no
--with-sosi option (neither in GDAL 1.8 nor 1.9) when configuring GDAL...

I also tried:
CFLAGS="-DSOSI_ENABLED" ./configure

But compiling GDAL that way did not ask for libfyba and there is no support
for SOSI with GDAL/OGR compiled and installed that way...

SOSI is not listed after configuration and neither on:
ogrinfo --formats

Consequently, ogrinfo does not read .sos files either...

Do I have to link to libfyba when compiling and if so, how?

I am grateful for any help!

Cheers
Stefan