[gdal-dev] OGR field names encoding and SetAttributeFilter

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Apr 8 07:35:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

yes, I believe that the current SQL parser doesn't accept non-ASCII litterals
for column names. Not sure why.

As far as "Fieldname1 = 'Fieldname2'" being interpreted as "Fieldname1 =
Fieldname2", yes this is a non-compliance of OGR SQL with respect to the SQL
standard. I had created a ticket with a patch about that a few months ago.
Something to consider to apply for GDAL 2.0 because bringing into compliance
with the SQL standard has the potential to break backward compatibility of
existing users of GDAL.

About the repacking of shapefiles with .cpg, could you create a ticket about
that ? thanks.

Best regards,

Even