[gdal-dev] FileGDB Driver coordinate system support

Hailey Eckstrand haileyeckstrand at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:21:51 PDT 2013

Thank you Michael and Donavan for pointing me in the correct direction.
I've found out why my 3005 file GDB would not work.
I had previously downloaded data from the BC province and so when I
transformed the data from 4326 to 3005, I just used the projection in my
Favorites, which was the province's BC Albers projection. It turns out that
the province's BC Albers has a different projection name that ESRI's
definition of BC Albers.  The projection parameters are identical, but the
province's projection name is PCS_Albers, whereas ESRI's accepted BC Albers
is called NAD 1983 CSRS BC Environmental Albers (Projected Coordinate
System > National Grids > Canada > NAD 1983 CSRS BC Environmental Albers).
Once I redefined the projection to be that of the accepted ESRI's BC
Albers, the geodatabase imported successfully.
Thank you for your help,
Hailey