[gdal-dev] FGDB API : field size

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Aug 9 11:50:30 PDT 2013

Le vendredi 09 août 2013 09:55:31, xavier lhomme a écrit :
> Hi
>    I wonder why for an esriFieldTypeInterger the size is set to 12 (in the
> GDBFieldTypeToWidthPrecision fonction).
> In the xml sample files provided by esri all  esriFieldTypeIntergerhas a
> length of 4.
> (and 8 for double) ...

Xavier,

Yes, this doesn't seem consistant with the samples, nor with the spec
(FileGDB_API/xmlResources/FileGDBAPI.xsd).

I've created http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5192 and pushed a fix in trunk.
I'd appreciate if people could generate FileGDB databases with OGR (trunk
after r26283) with various datatypes and check that they can be used OK in
ESRI products.

Even

--
Geospatial professional services