[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.10.1 release schedule ? [Was Re: QGIS hanging when opening a FileGDB on 64 bit Linux]

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Aug 13 13:34:49 PDT 2013

Le mardi 13 août 2013 22:04:38, Jeremy Palmer a écrit :

> I see the QGIS dev team is looking to release 2.0 about the 7th of Sept. Is
> there a chance to release a GDAL/OGR 1.10 point release to coincide with
> this? I'm particularly interested in the OSGeo4W QGIS 2.0 package then
> being linked against the newer 1.10.X binary release.

I believe that the gdal dll name does not change in point releases, so I don't
think there's a strong technical reason to sync' the releases for the QGIS 2.0
binary to benefit from a GDAL 1.10.1 binary when if it is available, if QGIS is
built against GDAL 1.10.0. That said, we could/should do a GDAL 1.10.X point
release at some time, so that could be a teaser. Personnaly, I'm off the first
week of september, so the release process should start soon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

GDAL devs,

We have already 45 tickets fixed in 1.10 branch :
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=1.10.1
Do you have some other things you'd like to push in the 1.10 branch for 1.10.1
? Perhaps we could cut a 1.10.1beta1 next week ?

GDAL users,

if you have fixes they'd like to see in 1.10.1, then it would be time to speak
up, but preferably with a ticket with an attached patch ;-)

Even

--
Geospatial professional services