[gdal-dev] Accessing OnEarth TiledWMS fails with "This server no longer provides full WMS services!"

Alessandro Amici a.amici at bopen.eu
Tue Aug 13 15:53:00 PDT 2013

Until a few days ago I used the GDAL WMS driver described in
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html to access the "Global SRTM Elevation"
data (actual elevation in meters) distributed by the JPL OnEarth server.

I used the stock XML configuration file
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_twms_srtm.xml but currently some of the
services of OnEarth are being phased out and I started getting the
following error: "ERROR 1: GDALWMS: The server returned exception: This
server no longer provides full WMS services!"

OnEarth should still be serving TiledWMS data according to:

http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/tiled.html

and

http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?request=GetCapabilities

but the old configuration file doesn't work anymore.

It would be nice if anybody familiar with the driver could have a look
at the problem and update the published configuration file, otherwise it
needs to be removed from the GDAL website as it is not usable at the moment.

Thanks,
Alessandro

--
CTO at B-Open Solutions - http://www.bopen.eu/