[gdal-dev] KMLSuperOverlay bounding box variant not supported

Carl Godkin cgodkin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:48:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

We obtained some KMLSuperOverlay datasets whose <GroundOverlay> bounding
box is defined neither with <LatLonBox> nor <LatLonAltBox> but instead with
the apparently recently added <gx:LatLonQuad> .

https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/kmlreference?hl=en#gxlatlonquad

The function KmlSuperOverlayGetBoundingBox() doesn't deal with
<gx:LatLonQuad> and I don't see a simple way to suggest a patch to this
function to support it.  Has anyone a suggestion?

I could submit an enhancement ticket (along with a sample dataset) if it
would help.

Thanks very much,

carl