[gdal-dev] gdal_edit.py -a_nodata none

peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Fri Aug 23 04:05:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

http://www.gdal.org/gdal_edit.html states about -a_nodata

> Assign a specified nodata value to output bands.
> Can be set to none to remove a nodata value if one exists for the dataset.

I assume that none means the literal string `none', but what happens is
given below.

Is this just a plain bug or am I doing something terribly wrong?

Hermann

$ gdal_edit.py -a_nodata none my.tif
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/bin/gdal_edit.py", line 204, in <module>
    sys.exit(gdal_edit(sys.argv))
  File "/path/to/bin/gdal_edit.py", line 96, in gdal_edit
    nodata = float(argv[i+1])
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): none